I felt like making something, but not exactly putting much effort into it. I’d been wanting to make something with chocolate and or peanut butter, since I did the buckeyes, but I wasn’t sure what. Then I remembered I’d printed off a no-bake recipe a long time ago–One of those “I’ll get to it when I have time” recipes. Enter Chocolate-Peanut Butter No-Bake Bars:
The top layer is chocolate mixed with peanut butter, which I could’ve eaten on its own. The bottom layer is soft-cookie-dough consistency, which is also good. You could almost pretend it was egg-free cookie dough and make truffles or cookie dough balls or some other treat that needed cookie dough.
- 2 C peanut butter
- ¾ C (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 3 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 C (12-oz. bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray a 13 x 9-in. baking pan with cooking spray & set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, and using the paddle attachment, beat 1¼ C peanut butter and butter until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 C powdered sugar. With the mixer on low speed, add in remaining 1 C powdered sugar and the graham cracker crumbs. Stir in ½ C chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Press evenly into the prepared baking pan (I found it was easiest to do this with my hands).
- Over low heat, melt the remaining ¾ C peanut butter and remaining 1½ C chocolate chips in a small saucepan (you can also use a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water). Stir constantly, until smooth. Spread over graham cracker crust in pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
I was pleased with them. They’re a little on the crumbly side when it comes to eating, but that’s okay. They taste good, and that’s all that matters! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas…This was the first year in awhile that I looked forward to Christmas. The bambino has been SO excited for Santa’s visit this year, and it’s been pretty infectious.