“Got to find a reason why my money’s all gone…”

I realize it’s been a couple days since my last post. That sinus infection hit me hard (and sadly, I think now the bambino’s coming down with something, as he’s been sneezing like crazy today, and I noticed right before he went to bed that he’s incredibly stuffy)–Really hard. I was on the verge of losing my voice yesterday, which kind of cracked me up. It was fun trying to answer the phone and carry on conversations with people (said with a hint of sarcasm)! I sound a lot better today, although I’m still scratchy, and one side of my throat hurts.

And because I’ve been feeling so horrid, I haven’t exactly been doing much cooking. We went out for Qdoba on Thursday evening, just because I didn’t really feel like cooking, and the bambino mentioned that he wanted steak for dinner. Then, yesterday, I decided that we needed pizza, and Jay obliged by writing out the check to George’s while I placed the delivery order. After 45 minutes, the bambino was munching on his sausage pizza, and Jay & I dug into a Buffalo Chicken pizza.

When we lived downtown (and about 4 doors away from George’s), we used to order from them so frequently that one of the guys there still knows my voice and knows the 3 or 4 menu items we rotate through! When my dad came to visit last year, we went there for lunch, and he raved about them to the owners. It is good stuff:

Jay & I can usually split a large between the 2 of us, but I limited myself to about a third instead of my usual half. I’m trying to get back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon and jumpstart myself into finishing losing all the weight I’ve put on since having the bambino. I’ve been stuck for going on 2 months now, and I know it’s because I haven’t been paying attention to what I’ve been consuming. So we’ll see how I do this week.

The bambino and I went grocery shopping this morning. This was another stock-up trip, as once again, the only meat I bought was a package of chicken and a package of bacon. For the first time in a long time, we actually ran out of milk last night. Part of that was due to the bambino spilling most of a recently-opened half-gallon, but since I was on my smoothie kick last week (and likely will be again this week), I used up a lot of skim.

I made more bread this afternoon, so I didn’t have to buy any (although I’ve got a coupon for Rudi’s products that I should probably use). Instead of making my usual whole-wheat-oat bread, I made egg bread. Earlier in the week, I’d toyed with the idea of making one regular loaf, and one cinnamon loaf, but I didn’t bother with that. They’re both regular ol’ egg bread. I did change the recipe by using 2 cups of whole wheat flour, instead of all all-purpose. The dough didn’t look or feel any differently, so I’m sure it’ll taste fine.

Continuing with my streak of not eating all that great this weekend, my lunch was less-than-stellar, but so very tasty:

This time, though, I didn’t eat the entire Green & Black’s bar myself. As soon as he noticed I had opened it, the bambino came toddling over and said, “Mama, I share you.” He had about 4 of the tiny squares, and Jay & I split up the rest (as I am wont to do, I gave him bigger chunks, though).

I did try to redeem myself with dinner, though. We had some pork chops thawed (what I didn’t use for the Greek pork I made the other night), and I was thinking that the last time I had baked pork chops was when my mom was here last year, and she had dinner ready to go by the time I got home from work. And since they don’t take all that long, that’s what I made tonight.

I haven’t bought potatoes in a good long while, but I felt I needed starch, so I made some hash browns that we had in the freezer, along with some corn. The bambino took a very late nap, and ended up not even eating dinner (and he’s the main reason I made the corn). No matter. Maybe I’ll venture back to the store in a day or two, and pick up a couple taters and make some corn chowder with the leftovers.

Sharing is caring!