“Can’t trust that day…”

It’s been a typical Monday. The day started out alright-enough. I think I’m going to have to start going to bed at 9 each night–The last few days of last week and over the weekend, I slept a full 8 hours each night. Last night was no exception, although I didn’t sleep well Saturday night, because the bambino woke up around 2, and I couldn’t fall back asleep until after 4. This morning when my alarm went off at 5, I promptly reset it for 5:30. I hit snooze until 5:50. I was in bed around 9:45 last night, and zonked out soon after. I think I’ll hit the hay at 9 tonight, in the hopes that I get my duff out of bed and work out tomorrow.

When it was time to leave the house, the bambino decided to have a meltdown that lasted the 10-minute ride to daycare, where it continued until we left. And when I got to work, I was crabby about that, and became even crabbier once I realized that the Trust officers will be having a meeting on Wednesday–And I’m a day behind on my prep work for it! I got caught up more or less this afternoon, so I was less cranky as the day wore on. I have to work this Saturday, so I asked my boss if I could take Friday afternoon off (and thus help save the department from having to pay me OT), and he kindly granted my request.

And in spite of the wind, it’s been beautiful out. It could stand to be a little warmer out, but the sun was shining, and once we all got home, Jay & I walked around the back of the house, to discuss garden plans. I called yesterday afternoon to have the utilities/cable companies, etc. come and mark the lines around our property, and thanks to living in a small town, they were here this morning. So we got a rough idea of where we’re going to put stuff. It’s kind of nice to know as well, because one day (after I win the lottery or inherit a ton of cash from some benevolent distant relative somewhere) I’m going to put in a concrete patio out back, and luckily, it can go right where I was hoping it would!

But as I chased the bambino around the yard, I noticed all the fun little things in bloom–Random things that I almost never pay attention to, since I don’t think a lot about the outdoors. We’ve got a couple lilac bushes on the side of the house that are starting up:

I was thinking that I should maybe cut some to bring inside. It’d be nice having some fresh flowers at the table, despite my allergy to just about everything.

I also noticed a random flower at one of the back corners of the house (right outside of where I’m sitting in the dining room actually):

It stuck out, because it’s the only thing blooming in that area. I have no idea what kind of flower it is–Jay said he’d seen it in some book somewhere, but he didn’t remember what it was called either.

And we have a tree of some sort with little white flowers of some sort that are also blooming:

My botanical ignorance is pretty obvious! No matter. If I learn to garden, great. If not, I’ll live.

I made comfort food for tonight’s dinner–Meatloaf (of which I do not have a photo, since meatloaf is meatloaf), and mac & cheese. Naturally, I do not have any elbows, so I used rotini instead. It was delicious.

And I used my free pound of ground beef from Hegerfeld Premium Beef for the meatloaf. I’m still eager to try the steaks we bought. I think, though, unfortunately, by the time the wind dies down, rain is supposed to move in, so it might be awhile before we grill again. Boo.

Sharing is caring!