“For Thursday’s child is Sunday’s clown…”

This doesn’t happen too often–I don’t have to go into work right away, so I can do a morning post. I have a dentist appointment in about 25 minutes, so I dropped off Jay & the bambino, and rather than unload the dishwasher, I thought I’d kill time online.

The bambino had a really rough time last night & didn’t end up actually falling asleep until well after 10. We all tried going to bed early–We put the bambino down at his regular time, Jay decided to go to bed then as well, and once I got done puttering around (fixing the coffee maker, packing my lunch, etc.), I was in bed by 9:30. The last time I looked at the clock, it was around 10:20. And then at 4:30 this morning, the bambino was up, asking to be tucked back in and for me to rub his back for a few minutes. My suspicion is that he wouldn’t/couldn’t fall asleep last night because he was hungry–He never came to the table when it was time for dinner, and only ended up having about 1/2 a dinner roll with some butter & jam. We don’t force him to eat, but at the same time, I’m not inclined to fix 2 meals. He’ll either eat what I fix, or he’ll go hungry. Last night, he was just too busy playing with his dinosaurs to bother stopping for dinner, which was a tasty frittata:

My adaptation of Giada de Laurentiis’ Frittata with Potato & Prosciutto. Because I didn’t have the prosciutto, I used some bacon I had leftover from the Corn Chowder. We had more of the dinner rolls, and salads. I was pretty full afterwards, but glad for the leftovers, since that’s my lunch for the next 2 days!

And because I was up so early, and knew that I wouldn’t fall back asleep before it was time to get up & moving, I opted to get up and go for a walk. The sun’s up early enough that already at 5:15 when I left the house, it was light enough that I didn’t have my usual paranoia about walking alone so early. Brookings is a small town, but that doesn’t mean bad things can’t happen, and while I may have left the big city behind, it doesn’t mean what little street smarts I had have completely disappeared!

When I got back, and after showering & getting ready for work, I made myself a smoothie for breakfast:

I couldn’t even finish it (1 C strawberries, 1 C pineapple, 1 C milk & 1 container of Oikos), so I’m hoping that it’ll last me until lunchtime. If not, I’ve got a morning snack! And with that, I should head off to the dentist–I’m hoping for no cavities–I haven’t had one since I left Ohio!

Sharing is caring!

3 Replies to ““For Thursday’s child is Sunday’s clown…””

  1. I agree with you about making 2 meals. We made that mistake early when we were both working & just fed them & put them to bed. But we’ve been working this last year on getting them to eat what we eat or some version of what we eat. Its hard to change that habit – I wish I had done it sooner!

    • When Lex was an infant & just starting to eat solids, I used to try & pair up his baby food with what we were eating–If Jay & I had spaghetti, he got the baby food version of it. If we had chicken & potatoes, same thing. It wasn’t until he started refusing the baby food and wanting what was on our plates (which didn’t take long at all!), that I just decided I was fixing one meal, and if there was a night that he went to bed having just milk for his dinner, well, it’s not going to kill him!

  2. Pingback: Tramplingrose » Blog Archive » “You’ve got a friend in me…”