Warning: This is another one of those whiny, self-serving, wishful-thinking-on-my-part posts….With some food thrown in at the end.
Some things I wish would happen without any effort on my part or were different:
- KitchenAid would just randomly send me a stand mixer (Bayleaf, please)
- Olympus would send me this camera (since they’re giving away PEN E-PM1s already)
- Jay and I would win the lottery (without actually having to go and buy tickets), so I could quit my job and blog full-time about food
- My face wasn’t so bloated and therefore I didn’t look so fat right now (thank you, PMS)
- Fage would send me a case of yogurt (or really, any food companies would randomly send me products)
- I could afford a new car
- I could afford to go to IFBC next month
- My dad’s health problems would be done for the rest of the year
- My mom didn’t have to leave tomorrow
But since none of that will change any time soon, I guess I’ll just have to deal with it, and save my money for all the things I want. Instead of wasting it on lottery tickets, since I have a better chance of being abducted by aliens than I do winning the lottery. Ah, yeah, that’s me whining and being all “Oh, poor me.” And I really have no reason to be–I’m actually not in a bad or depressed mood. Other than a slight sinus or PMS headache, I’ve felt pretty good, even though I’ve been pretty lazy and not really done much of anything other than laundry.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t really eat flavored yogurts anymore. Usually when I get yogurt, I buy plain, full-fat Fage. I never thought I’d like plain yogurt, but plain Greek yogurt is friggin’ awesome. Last week when I was at Pomegranate, I bought myself some Australian-style yogurt (yohgurt):
And it was okay. It reminded me a little of Yoplait or something (sorry, Wallaby). The overly-sweetness made it almost inedible, but I didn’t want to throw it out, so I ate it anyway. I don’t know if I’m going to eat the nonfat variety…I might take it to work and leave it in the fridge for someone to swipe.
After a few hours of puttering around I got hungry for lunch.
I finally finished folding and putting away all the laundry once Jay got home from work. I decided yesterday that pasta sounded really good, so tonight I made some spaghetti with meat sauce:
And of course, don’t forget about the Van’s giveaway–If you like breakfast foods!