This post is sponsored by OXO.
What does Black Adder have to do with this post?
Well, I recently got a box of stuff from OXO, to help with some spring cleaning:
I know what you’re thinking…This is a food blog, and you’re about to read about me cleaning my bathroom, probably the most loathed chore I despise (I do promise, no toilet pictures, clean or otherwise).
But hear me out. No, there’s no recipe this time. In my defense, I did request the Kitchen Set for this post, but so did a lot of other people, and they ran out. So I opted for the Bathroom Set. Why? Well, I could’ve gotten a Home Cleaning set, but that would’ve required aid from Jay and the bambino, and at the moment, I didn’t feel like dealing with the fact that both the Lego and Hasbro factories somehow vomited all over my living room. And even though I hate cleaning the bathroom, it’s small and contained, and once I get started, it really doesn’t take that long. I received a HUGE box of stuff, but I wanted to highlight a few of the things I thought were especially handy or that I thought were great. I especially wanted to try out this:
The Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber. If there is a bathroom cleaning chore I hate most, even more than cleaning the toilet, it’s cleaning the tub. Part of it is that I have back and knee issues, and I hate bending over the tub and scrubbing to get it clean. Also, it’s a fiberglass tub, which means there’s not only the tub part, but walls too. But with this, I don’t have to break my back to get it clean! Some features:
- Extends from 26″ to 42″ with a quick twist to clean without climbing or crouching
- Great for tubs, tiles, glass, floors and narrow spaces around the toilet
- Anti-microbial scrub is abrasive for deep cleaning and retains water for rinsing
- Unique shape allows Scrubber to get into corners, recesses and grout lines
- Head pivots for cleaning at different angles
- Sturdy steel pole for tough scrubbing jobs
- Soft grip is non-slip, even when wet
- Replacement Scrubber head available
It worked great!
And the best part is that it wasn’t any worse than mopping the floor!
Once I was done scrubbing down the walls, I put up the All-in-Reach Shower Shelf:
- Large, easy-to-reach Shelf has the capacity of three-tiered shower caddies and keeps all toiletries at one accessible height
- PVC-free suction cups are adjustable for a secure hold on smooth, non-porous surfaces
- Pivoting StrongHold hook securely grips shower heads for easy, tool-free setup
- PVC-free suction cups slide to avoid grout lines for a secure hold
- Press suction cup button and listen for ‘click’ to know suction is activated
- Pull release tab to quickly deactivate suction for repositioning or removal
- Bottle holes for storing shampoo upside down
- Tray features drainage slots for quick drying and is removable for easy cleaning
- Sturdy, stainless steel construction complements any bathroom décor
- No-tool installation
As it says, it’s meant to hang over your shower head. We, however, have a detachable massaging shower head, and it wouldn’t really fit. We had a hook on the other side of the shower, which is where I hung it. We had been using a 3-tiered shower caddy that I brought with me from Ohio over 10 years ago, which means it’s gross-looking and it’s time it was replaced. I will say, the one thing I wish the Shower Shelf had were dedicated wash cloth hooks. I ended up just hanging them over the top bar, and so far they’re not getting in the way of the shampoo or anything.
And lastly, I’m showing the Toothbrush Holder:
We have a toothbrush holder that matches that silver cup (in which the bambino collects his toothbrushes), but there’s no real way to clean inside of it, as the top doesn’t come off. And so I don’t like to think about what may or may not be growing in there. This toothbrush holder fixes that:
- Easy-open lid provides sanitary countertop storage
- Fits 4 toothbrushes or 2 toothbrushes and a tube of toothpaste
- Accommodates toothbrushes of various sizes and stores them steady and upright
- Compact size ideal for countertop storage
- Brushed nickel finish complements bathroom décor
- Divider keeps toothbrushes and toothpaste separate and upright
- Ventilated body allows for quick drying
- Divider, sleeve and cap are removable for easy, thorough cleaning; hand wash only
I feel like I should’ve bought Jay and I new toothbrushes before I took those pictures. I should also mention I did receive a new toilet brush cleaner as well as a plunger, but no, I didn’t take pictures. I promised nothing toilet-related. I also promise that the next post will contain a recipe.
DISCLOSURE: I received products from OXO in exchange for this post. No other compensation has been given. All opinions are my own.