This weekend’s supposed to be a big deal, isn’t it? Well it is for me–A couple friends and I went to see Hairball on Saturday night, and I was REALLY excited about that. It’s been a couple years since they’ve been here, and the last time they were, I was sick, and ended up giving my tickets to a friend. This year, though, I used it to celebrate my first week back to work! Also, I gather there’s a big football game going on today, but I’ll be honest, I couldn’t tell you anything more about that! When I was still living in Ohio, and my grandparents were still alive, they’d have football-watching parties, and all their friends and family were invited. Sometimes I’d go, just to see everyone and eat, because there was always enough food to feed a small army. I never had any real interest in the game.
This weekend also caps off Sunday Supper Month–And this, obviously, is my first time participating in a Sunday Supper event. I couldn’t be more excited, as this is one of the blogging events I’ve always wanted to do, but due to working full-time and life in general, it wasn’t something I felt I could squeeze in. Now that I’m part-time, I’m going to make a go of it! I’ve even taken the Sunday Supper Pledge, and you can too!
For my Sunday Supper debut, I chose to make Cheddar Sausage Balls.
These are one of those items that as a younger person, I stayed away from, and I really don’t know why. They’re amazing! If I remember correctly, they were usually served with barbecue sauce at my family gatherings, but I’m extremely picky about my condiments, so I chose to make a Worcestershire ketchup to dip them in.
These were gobbled up quickly–It’s kind of hard to go wrong with sausage and cheese.
I can’t wait to make them again, maybe just for a weekend snack! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, baking powder, and onion powder. Add the cheese, tossing to coat. Add the sausage and melted butter. With clean hands, mix very well (the mixture will be dry and somewhat crumbly). Roll into 1-inch balls, either using your hands or a small (1-Tbsp.) scoop. Place the sausage balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Serve with the sausage balls.
[b]For the Cheddar Sausage Balls:[/b]
[b]For the Worcestershire Ketchup:[/b]
Now, if those aren’t up your alley, check out the HUGE list of other dishes by the Sunday Supper team:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, baking powder, and onion powder. Add the cheese, tossing to coat.
Add the sausage and melted butter. With clean hands, mix very well (the mixture will be dry and somewhat crumbly).
Roll into 1-inch balls, either using your hands or a small (1-Tbsp.) scoop. Place the sausage balls on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Serve with the sausage balls.
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.