I remember the first time I had Chocolate Eclair Cake. I was in high school, and was working my part-time job at the library. Before Becky the Really Bad Boss started. I have no idea why, but she hated me, and made working there very difficult. I am pleased to say, though, that I managed to outlast her–She moved on to some other position within the library about a year before I eventually left to go off to college. I don’t remember if it was for someone’s birthday or a random potluck, but I do remember it was a coworker named Linda who brought it in, and it was the greatest thing I’d ever tasted.
Before I discovered Tiramisu, and while I was still in the throes of my love for Boston Cream Pie, Chocolate Eclair Cake was amazing. Pudding, cakey bits from the graham crackers, and of course, chocolate.
I also recall that when my sister and I were living together, I’d occasionally whip one up, and we’d watch TV or play video games with the pan and two forks sitting between us (this is obviously before she went vegan). Overindulgence at its finest, let me tell ya.
One of the things I love best about Chocolate Eclair Cake is that it’s no-bake, which means it’s perfect for a summer potluck, which is what we’re featuring for Sunday Supper this week. You don’t have to heat up the kitchen at all to make it, and it feeds a crowd. Or two sisters with massive sweet teeth. Place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Break the crackers to fit if necessary.
Meanwhile, whisk together the 1 3/4 C milk and the pudding. Whisk until thickened, then fold in the whipped topping.
Spread half the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers. Top that with another layer of graham crackers, the other half of the pudding, and a final layer of graham crackers.
In a medium mixing bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together, in the microwave. Whisk until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and the milk. Beat until smooth. Spread over the top layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving, overnight if possible.
Thanks to TR Crumbley for hosting this week! Check out the rest of the potluck dishes by the Sunday Supper group:
Place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Break the crackers to fit if necessary.
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement