Chocolate and hazelnuts go together like cinnamon and sugar or salt and pepper. Complimentary flavors come together in this Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake and make a decadent dessert. Rich chocolate hazelnut cheesecake is surrounded by a chocolate graham crust and topped with a chocolate hazelnut ganache.
It’s been a long time since I’ve made a cheesecake. The last one I made was my Easy Classic Cheesecake, and that post is from 2015! I know I’ve made cheesecake-like desserts since then, but for the most part, it’s a dessert that I love to eat, but don’t make myself. And I don’t know why. They’re no more complicated that cakes or cupcakes.
So when this month’s Baking Bloggers challenge was announced, I thought my participation was necessary. I do enjoy a traditional/classic cheesecake, but every so often, I also enjoy rich, decadent, over-the-top cheesecakes. The sort of cheesecakes you get in restaurants, though it’s been years since I’ve set foot in a Cheesecake Factory – Not surprisingly, the closest locations to me are in Omaha, or the Twin Cities. Which is fine. I can make my own over-the-top cheesecake right here at home.
This cheesecake is pretty over the top, if I do say so myself. It’s rich enough on its own, but the ganache adds enough richness to make your teeth hurt. In a good way, of course. Check out the rest of the cheesecakes made for this month’s theme:
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla: A Literal Cake of Cheese and Handmade Crackers
- Sneha’s Recipe: Baked New York Style Cheesecake
- Trampling Rose: Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Tara’s Multicultural Table: Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Karen’s Kitchen: Classic New York Cheesecake
- Cookaholic Wife: Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Individual Cheesecakes for 2
- Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking: Savory Salmon Cheesecake
- Palatable Pastime: Sugar Cookie Cheesecake
- The Redhead Baker: Tiramisu Cheesecake