Skip to content
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 C cornmeal
- 1/2 C grated Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 1/4 C milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted & cooled
- 1 C canned corn, drained, or fresh corn off the cob
- Oven 400°F
- Preheat oven & grease a standard muffin pan.
- Sift together flour & baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir in cornmeal & cheese. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs & butter. Pour into dry ingredients & mix gently. Do not over-mix. Fold in corn.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden & springy to the touch. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove & serve warm.