This post is brought to you by Smokin O’s – Fire up either the charcoal or gas grill and make these Buffalo Chicken Burgers!
I have been craving buffalo chicken anything lately. For awhile, once or twice a month, I’d make a batch of Buffalo Chicken Dip, and we’d each get a bag of chips, and just chow down. However, that is not the healthiest thing to do, especially when you’re trying to watch your sodium levels, or portion-control your meals.But that leaves a craving for Buffalo chicken of any sort. When I decided to participate in #CookoutWeek, I knew I’d need to grill something.
For the longest time I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to grill. I scrolled through recipes and finally settled on burgers. Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burgers.
Spicy, cheesy, and smoky-flavored, both from being grilled over charcoal, but also with some help from Smokin O’s. Smokin O’s are made for gas grills – So you can still have smoky wood-fired flavor.
But, you can also use them on charcoal grills too, which is what I did.
They work the same way on either type of grill. You preheat your grill (or coals) place it over direct heat, wait for it to start smoking (which takes anywhere from five to ten minutes), move it over to a cool spot, and start cooking your food!
Yes, I let my coals burn just a smidge too long…But they still cooked the chicken burgers just perfectly! And they had a hint of mesquite from the Smokin O.
These burgers will be a nice, summery change from Buffalo Chicken Dip. Plus, it also means not heating up the house by turning on the oven!
Don’t forget about the massive giveaway for #CookoutWeek:
Get those grills fired up… because it’s #CookoutWeek 2017! This week, I’m joining forces with over 40 food blogger friends to bring you delicious recipes perfect for every backyard BBQ, picnic, summer party, or cookout.
We also have a fabulous giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made #CookoutWeek possible! You can enter below to win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media:
Stay tuned… remember, throughout the week, all of the participating bloggers will be posting delicious cookout recipes. Here are all the bloggers who are part of #CookoutWeek 2017:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Ashees Cookbook • Baking Sense • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • Chef Sarah Elizabeth • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Sapana • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fix Me a Little Lunch • For the Love of Food • Full Belly Sisters • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home Sweet Homestead • Join Us, Pull up a Chair • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats • Little House Big Alaska • My Southern Sweet Tooth • Our Good Life • Oven Tales By Syama • Palatable Pastime • Rants From My Crazy Kitchen • Savory Moments • Seduction in the Kitchen • Sidewalk Shoes • That Recipe • The Freshman Cook • The Mad Scientists Kitchen • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Saucy Southerner • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • Tramplingrose • Turnips 2 Tangerines • Uncle Jerry’s Kitchen
As one of the bonus entries in the giveaway, leave a comment on this blog post…Do you prefer charcoal or gas grilling?
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1/2 C panko or other plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C hot pepper/hot wing sauce
- cooking spray
- 6 slices provolone
- 6 leaves Iceberg lettuce
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing - Optional
- 6 whole wheat buns
Prepare the grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken, panko, and hot sauce, mixing well, but not over-mixing. Form the mixture into six patties, and make an indentation in each one with your thumb or the back of a spoon (this prevents them from puffing up while cooking).
Spray both sides of the patties with cooking spray.
Grill the burgers for 6-8 minutes, turning over halfway through. One minute before you pull the burgers off the grill, top each with a slice of cheese.
To assemble, place the lettuce on the bottom bun, and top with a burger. Spread Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing on the top bun, and place on the burger.